|We had to take a fair bit off the guard to accommodate the brake calliper.|
We bolted the disks to the hubs and spent about three hours getting the shims right on the front right bearing. I bought a dial gauge to check the end float, but we ended up just taking off shims until the wheel stopped turning and then added one back on. Lots of trial and error, but we're pretty happy with the result. I'll get my local garage to check this later when they set the wheel geometry. We've set the camber as neutral as we can by sight. Similarly we've set the steering using guesswork for now. Needless to say, there will be quite a lot to check/adjust once we get the engine and gearbox in.
|Over three hours to get the hub onto the stub-axle - left side took less than an hour.|
|One wheel on - just three to go!|
|Not sure why this is out of focus - I'll do a retake sometime.|
Very pleased with ourselves we decided it was beer o'clock!
For info, the wheels are 15" Hawk Brand FIA replicas - 6.5" front and 8.5" rear. The tyres are Avon CR6ZZ 215/60VR15 and 245/60VR15 - and I think they look great - even without paint!
|Gotta love the wheel and spinner.|